This little smile has been greeting me every morning for the past 4 weeks, and I fall deeper in love every time I see it. Even if it is way too early of an hour for me to be awake...
Below are a bunch of shots of Olivia in her flapper outfit, although, after I put it on I realized I shouldn't have put a BROWN shirt on underneath because she kinda looks like Pocahontas instead... I changed her out of her brown leggings into grey tights, but I didn't want to go through the trouble of changing the top again, so I left it. I love how SERIOUS she looks in all these shots.
"hey what do you think you are doing, huh?"
look at her little bow legs. we hope for her sake these straighten out when it comes time to walk!
um how much like franc does she look in this photo????? those eyebrows!!
i know she looks a little cray-cray in this photo, but its such a baby looking photo, and for some reason I like it.
There's that smile!!So, Olivia turned 3 months on Sunday, and in honor of this big event I watched the video of her birth and first month. I know 3 months old isn't that old, but it is crazy how much she has grown and changed in that time. I remember thinking she would never be that big... especially when it was so hard in the beginning and I was just dying for my baby to take naps (that weren't always on me), and wishing she would smile, or babble or something! When I watched the video I felt all these emotions about how amazing it was when she was first born, and how excited I was to meet this little girl. I started to miss those first weeks. And then there were all these shots of me with the craziest hair and nightgown getups that reminded me of how tired, disheveled, and SORE I was for that first month.
Month 2 was great, and I got used to being a mom and sitting around all day nursing (which was very hard for someone who likes to be constantly busy making things), but week 8 when she smiled, well things got so much better. And month 3 was a blast. Olivia began doing all sorts of new things, and each thing was more exciting than the last. (She does this new thing where she tries to put my hand in her mouth, but yesterday she literally tried to push my head into her mouth!!!!)
So it has been 3 months, and really I can't believe it has only been 3 months. It feels like Olivia and I have know each other forever. But then right as I think that, I remember my beliefs about eternity and how Olivia and I HAVE known each other forever. And I bet that girl was waiting up there in heaven just wondering when the heck her mother was going to want to have children. I am glad I didn't wait any longer. Olivia and I are BFFS.



7 comments:
i love her....she is the cutest!! kylie is sitting here with me and she said "o mom, she is so pretty!!"
She is seriously so adorable. I love her dark hair and skin, she is going to be gorgeous when she grows up.
I was just thinking the same thing earlier...about how I feel like I"ve known Finn FOREVER!. As if my life were never without him. Um...seriously you are super mom...ADORABLE flapper outfit. I can't get over it.
Olivia is so pretty! Just wait Katie, its hard to imagine, but seriously every day gets more fun as they learn new things. Holland just kills me about 50 times a day with the adorable and funny things he says and does. There are amazing and precious things about a new baby, but you will be surprised at how things just get better.
Katie - you are ridiculously talented. I cannot believe you just whipped out that little costume! I am honestly pissed off at your amazingness while I cannot even manage to keep the kitchen clean! That thing would a hundred + dollars at a little baby boutique - maybe your next business venture should be designer baby clothes. You are amazing - and Olivia is perfection as well:)
She is so cute! I haven't looked at blogs in forever and I can't believe how grown up she is already! So cute.
leave it to olivia to have a couture halloween costume. she still looks so tiny... and so beautiful.
Post a Comment