Monday, May 12, 2008

What I've been doing...


"Fold" or section # 1 of my portfolio

"Fold" or section # 10 of my portfolio

Posing for faux "teaching" photos to put in my portfolio (obviously this one is fake, and I don't really do this when I am teaching)

For the past 3 weeks I have been creating my portfolio of my first year of teaching. I had to show examples of student work, write a bazillion explanations and small papers, etc. I made this analogy between the first year of teaching, and folding an origami crane.. and so for each section I painted one fold more, until the end, when it was a crane (section 10). So that's what I mean for the pictures up top... It was tons and tons of work, more so because I gave it 200% effort than just doing what was necessary (just in case i need to use it for an interview in the future). Also, I am a finalist for "teacher of the year," and I had to do a bunch of stuff for that! I have been so busy, that now that everything is turned in, I don't know what to do with myself.... oh yeah, pack up my apt. ugh.

1 comment:

Lorilee said...

I love the paintings...and comparison to your first year of teaching. No wonder you're nominated for teacher of the year. Where can I vote?
your students are very lucky to have you.

are you moving for the summer?