Monday, April 14, 2008

MY NEW OBSESSION



So here's the deal. I HATE video games. I think that they are a waste of time, and most people spend way too much time in front of their video games when they could be doing things more intellectually beneficial. Well, Mrs.Anti-video games hosted a Guitar Hero tournament last week to raise money for her students to go to NYC...

I really cared nothing about the game while we were having the tournament, I only did it because it was a popular game. Well...Friday afternoon I was laying in my bed about to take a nap when I suddenly got the "hankering" to play it REALLY BAD. So I sent Franc out to buy the game for our Wii. The short of it is that I played it all weekend (intermittently painting, reading, going to church, running errands, etc) and BEAT IT ON MEDIUM!!!! awesome! I didn't even bother with the "easy" mode:) I am going to attribute my awesome skills to playing the flute in middle school and college.

P.S. These pictures were taken while I was playing, by my biggest fan: Franc.

7 comments:

Rina said...

Ha ha! You look so serious. Brad has that game and I've tried it a couple times... I'll stick to DDR!

Meredith said...

You really do look so into it in these pictures! I refuse to play that game for fear that the same thing might happen to me--I may end up really liking it!

Cristy said...

So Jim won his March Madness raffle thing or whatever it is guys do in March, and he got Guitar Hero! We've been playing it all weekend too. Despite my ever persistent nausea, I still manage to huddle on the couch with the guitar and jam a little! ;)

Anonymous said...

Katie, I went to your other blog and I saw your installation and how did you get the wall to look like tile when it is all painted red? AND I thought that haircut picture was of Caroline because that profile looks like her without the glasses. My turn to freak! Don't scary Mommy like that!

Anonymous said...

It is so cute that Franc took pics of you playing guitar hero. He probably is super happy that YOU now love video gaming as much as he does! Kisses, MOM

The Powells said...

i love your new obsession...its the best!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.