Wednesday, May 23, 2007

MY HOTEL, QUATEIRRA, AND THE CHIROPRACTIC CONFERENCE






Okay, so here is a mixed group of pictures that represent about 4 days of my trip. The first picture is from the balcony of my hotel room, it was a gorgeous view and only 60 euros a night (though I didn't have to pay for it anyway, thanks to Yolanda..thanks!) We slept with the door open most nights, because it was the perfect temperature, and we could hear the ocean waves. The next picture is of a house I found as I was lost walking to Villamoura. Almost all of the houses had this beautiful bougainvillea growing on them. I loved this touch of deep. vibrant hue against the Mediterranean white of the buildings. The third picture is of me going insane in the hotel room one night. I started to take pictures, and decided I should include the book I had been reading and the Sodoku puzzles I had been working on, and this photo was the result...

The other two pictures were of people from the chiropractic conference Yolanda (mother in law) was at (the whole reason we went to Portugal/Spain). The first of the two was a Catholic nun/Chiropractor/doctor/owner of an orphanage for handicapped children from the Congo. She was probably the most Christlike person I have ever met. She is on my top ten list of coolest people I know. We talked for a long time and her spirit just radiated as she spoke. I loved her instantly. The other picture is of all of the delegates/representatives for chiropractic in the Latin American countries. I went out to eat with them a lot, and picked up some more Spanish.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You look adorable on these pictures. The one with the books is totally YOU, funny Katie!
Love, MOM xxxxxxxxxxxooooooooooo